- This includes gathering and synthesizing informational data of students as they go through school. This facilitates better understanding of student problems and needs.
- This is the core of the guidance program around which revolves other services, Through counseling, the student is assisted in learning to understand his/her problem, relate it to the situation of the bigger community and find ways of solving it..
- Tests of varied types are given to help assess individual and group needs towards growth and development. Test results aid in better self-awareness and better response to the self and others.
VOCATIONAL AND CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICE
- This involves a conscious process of career education. Students are assisted in developing proper values, attitudes and aspirations regarding work which is not only for self-sustenance but also to maintain the community.
GROUP GUIDANCE SERVICE
- This is an extension of the counseling assistance to large groups concerning common problems in personal, social, academic and vocational areas. This service includes homeroom guidance. It makes it possible for students to seek help without fear of being identified with a particular problem to maintain the individual’s wholesome relationship with his/her peers.
- Helps students by identifying cooperating agencies in the community where professional help could be obtained for particular problems.
- This service which is done through orientation provides information to students regarding the school program, activities, projects, staff services and facilities. It also provides information of different vocational and professional areas.
TRAINING PEER COUNSELORS
- This service helps develop capable and responsible students acquire knowledge and skills in order to help the Guidance Staff reach out to more students.
Ethel Marie U. Aguilar
Student Services Coordinator
Ground Floor, Queen of Peace Bldg.
Assumption College of Davao
J.P. Cabaguio Avenue, Davao City
Telephone Number: 225-0720 to 23 local 1028